Projek Memindahkan Air Dari Tasik ke Sungai Semenyih di Selangor Darul Ehsan
The prolonged drought in 1997 had resulted in Semenyih impounding reservoir facing shortages in sustaining the Semenyih Water Treatment Plant raw water abstraction from Sg. Semenyih.
In overcoming the shortfall, numerous disused mining ponds are developed and connected in series to collectively serve as regulating reservoir to augment the Sg. Semenyih flow thereby increases the yield by 70MLd.
The component of works includes:
- Development of 3 ex-mining ponds (Pond A, B and C) interlink with canals and pipelines to form bunded storage/regulating reservoirs.
- Construction of a Diversion weir at Sg. Langat with a 30m wide x 1.5m high rubber dam.
- Intake Pumping Station at Pond B
- 3 nos. 35 MLd pumpsets (2 duty & 1 stand-by), associated M&E equipment and telemetry and supervisory control system
- 3 km of 1,000mm dia. conveyance pipeline from the Intake pump Station to upstream of the existing Sg. Semenyih Intake