Cadangan Pembinaan Loji Rawatan Air (LRA) Kahang Yang Baru dan Sistem Agihan Air Daripada LRA Kahang ke Bandar Kluang (Design & Build) di Johor Darul Ta’zim
A design and build project implemented by the State Government of Johor to provide additional treated water supply to Kluang District from the new Kahang Dam to ensure supply adequacy during the dry seasons and to meet future demand as well as to phase out old WTPs with unreliable raw water sources.
The project scope includes:
- Construction of a raw water Booster Pump Station of 95MLd capacity at Kahang Dam.
- Laying of 2.8km length of 1200mm dia. raw water pumping main and 15km of 1000mm dia. Treated Water Pumping Main (TWPM).
- Construction of a water treatment plant of 90 MLd capacity with M&E works for an initial phase of 45 MLd capacity.
- Construction of two balancing reservoirs (Sembrong Timur 3) of 6.5ML capacity.
- Upon completion of raw water Booster Pump Station and TWPM, provide O&M services to supply raw water to an existing WTP via the TWPM. Then, upon completion of WTP revert the TWPM to its intended purpose for supply to the two balancing reservoirs.